History of the Camp

Re – opening of Salford Children’s Holiday Camp, rebranded as Salford By The Sea. After closure in early 2014 the camp reopened in April 2015, it had originally been opened in 1926 as a poor children’s camp so the less than privileged Salford children could have a holiday by the sea. Affectionately Known as the Jam Butty camp the ‘poor’ was eventually removed from the title and Salford schools began to use the facilities, many children have visited camp over the years and after a recent refurbishment the place is looking better than ever.

photo’s of how camp looked upon closure and from the opening event.